Tuesday 7 July 2015

Finished!

.....yep I am officially finished college now whoop whoop! I am no longer a student but a qualified Early Years Officer who is now on the job hunting treadmill. It's been two long years but woohoo I am done. I am sorry I have been absent from my blog for so long but I needed to get my head down and do some serious studying which paid off as I got a grade A. Ok enough of that before I bore you all to tears 'grin'.

I haven't really had much time to be creative nor have I had time to read for pleasure and I have this pile of books that have built up just waiting to be read..... Oh can't wait for warm sunny days to sit out and read these.


We will be welcoming two new members to the clan this year; my niece is due in the next couple of weeks and another niece or nephew will be arriving just before Xmas! Exciting so I have been busy crocheting.

A stripey baby blanket in neutral coloured cottons just because I wanted to use up what was in my stash so not very girly colours but pretty all the same.

using up stash 

This is made from a lovely soft cotton; Sirdar Simply Recycled Cotton and is very light weight which is fine for a summer baby.

I also had two little newborn hats all knitted up but didn't get a chance to photograph them before my little niece spied them on a visit and thought they were for her own baby Spider (Spider is the name of her baby doll and not an actual spider 'smile')and not for her soon to be little sister! Well I couldn't say no could I? I got a phone call from her mum later that day to say little niece wanted a hat to wear too so could I oblige? As it is summer time here in the UK I chose to crochet a hat using cotton from my stash. The first hat was meant for a toddler size (my niece is on the small side) but it was too small so I crocheted another in a child size phew this one fits! The other hat can go to Spider!
Thanks for stopping by x


3 comments:

Brigitte said...

What a great update this is. Congratulations on finishing your degree. I wish you all the best of luck on finding a good job. Now I hope that you will enjoy reading all these books :)

Christine B said...

Congratulations on your new qualification! Love your blanket and those very cute crocheted hats! :) x

Carol said...

Wonderful news about your college finish :) Great job on the "A," too! Now you'll have lots of time to read those books in between looking for a job. Best of luck with your search...