Friday 13 November 2015

It's been a busy week

It's been rather busy lately here in our household what with starting a new job, albeit part time, hubby being away all week on business, throw in parents evenings and being the only taxi driver available ....I am pretty shattered. This is one of those odd occassions when I ask myself why we chose to live in a small village *grumble grumble*. Tonight is the first night of the week at home ..yeah..so the kids and I are having a movie night; bliss just to not have to drive someplace.
I have managed to sneak in a few precious minutes here and there to craft, definitely helps me to de-stress! With the imminent arrival of my sisters baby at the back of my mind I rummaged through my yarn stash to see what needed used up, a ball of cream yarn, a part used multi coloured yarn and a weeny bit of bright pink. Ravelry came up trumps with both these patterns; hat and cardi

Just needing some buttons........if I can only remember where I put my button tin?



All very easy, simple and quick knits just what I was needing they will be finished once pressed and buttons attached.
I also did a little retail therapy and ended up with these..
I had my eye on them after stumbling across Helen Philips blog recently, such pretty eye candy. This pattern in particular appealed to me.
There is just something about the colourful stars on the white background just love it! After a rummage through my material stash I realised that I just didn't have a great selection of brights so I bought these
My excuse were they were on sale so the damage wasn't too bad. I also purchased some paper diamonds as the pattern is for English paper piecing. I have done this before my first quilt was done with paper piecing but in squares so this will be new to me. I also found myself *cough* slipping this teeny weeny kit in with my purchases. 
It is teeny honestly and I just couldn't resist ...ok I am weak!
Oh I so hope my hubby doesn't read this but I did some more shopping.
Not sure what I will use these for but I just love the Tilda fabrics (the three on the left). 
There has been progress made on the baby crochet blanket it is slow going though I find I lose  enthusiasm after a few rows..must persevere.
Oh and just one more purchase to share with you all this..
Well actually there is two of them for a wee project, but I will tell you more next time!
Thanks as always for popping by and have a lovely weekend.







7 comments:

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Evening Ali, Hurrah it's Friday evening and time for you to relax and unwind with your family. There is nothing like a film evening to herald in the weekend.
The baby clothes you have knitted for your sister's baby are so lovely. She will be thrilled to receive them.... and the material.... ooh I love material. I went to the Harrogate Quilt Show and had a fabulous time and like you bought the odd piece of material or two.
Have fun with your new project and enjoy the weekend with your family.
Best Wishes to you.
Daphne
ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.co.uk

Vickie said...

Well you may have had a very busy week, but wow! You were very, very productive. Such adorable baby items. I love the fabrics you got!

Margaret said...

I remember those days of being the chauffeur. I have to say, I don't miss that part of motherhood. lolol! Love the baby knits -- so beautiful! Love seeing everything -- made and purchased both!

Christine B said...

I also remember the days of 'mum's taxi' my husband also worked away during the week!! Some lovely makes and lots of beautiful purchases!! Christine x

Penny said...

It is nice to spend time at home. Love the baby knits ~ pretty! Love the purchases too. I can never pass up fabric. :)

Karoline said...

Cute baby knits, enjoy all your quitling projects

Una said...

Hi Ali,its been a while since we spoke,wow i must say you have been very busy i love all that you have been doing,the knitting is fab,love the Helen Philips book i have this one,it makes lovely little gifts,you put me to shame but i have just written a blog my first since July,you will understand when you read it,so keep up with your beautiful work,speak to you soon,my best regards,Una,xxx.