Sunday 22 January 2017

January Blues

The harr round here has not lifted for 3 days solid I hate having to have the lights on all day eurghh. Anyway enough of the moaning. 2017 has been productive so far.
Socks for my boy have been completed

I've used the spare yarn to knit socks for my nieces a baby and toddler pair just have to hope they fit.
My daughters have been completed too. I tried knitting these two at a time on the same needles but I found the yarn constantly tangling a little irritating.

Also completed another scissors fob by Sue Hawkins. 

Love the teeny bells.
Have joined the scrappy granny stripe blanket craze that seems to be sweeping the world at the moment. I plan to use all those little scraps of sock wool that I end up with. This will be a long term project as I don't actually have many scraps left at the mo! An excuse (like I need one) to knit more socks yeah!
Just a short update this month. I have finished my Hundred Acre Wood shawl but it needs blocking. 


7 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh what fabulous socks Ali! Love the scissors fob as well. :D

Kim said...

Gorgeous makes!! Those socks are amazing and I love the little scissors' fob, it is so pretty. It seems hanging out inside, safe from the wintry weather is working a treat!

Brigitte said...

All these pairs of socks look fantastic. I'm always amazed to see all the gorgeous sock wool out there nowadays. I used to knit socks many many years ago but there was nothing like that, just grey or brown or blue wool or cotton. The more colourful socks I see on the blogs the more I feel the urge to start sock knitting again.
I love the small scissor fob with the little bells, very nice finishing, Ali.
I hadn't heard about the scrappy granny stripe blankets before. It seems to be a great idea and I will have to look what it is all about.

Margaret said...

Wow, you are really on a sock knitting tear! Beautiful work! Love that little fob too. So so pretty! The crochet afghan has always been tempting, but I'm not going there. lol!

Karoline said...

Great socks and the scissor fob is cute!

Anonymous said...

Just come across your blog and am enjoying looking at some of the projects you have completed. Particularly like the little scissor fob.

Anonymous said...

I have just found your blog and am enjoying reading about some of your finished projects. I particularly liked the scissor fob.