Thursday 31 December 2015

Post Christmas Peace

Well that's another Christmas over whew! I hope you all had a good time. It's been a busy few days but we have all had a ball, the kids have on the whole been pretty good. Christmas Day went by in a whirlwind of noise as we spent the day at my dads with all the family 17 of us ranging from a two week old baby to a septuagenarian and a whole lot of ages in between. Great fun but must admit to being glad to get home to a little peace and quiet! We have had plenty of visitors and done plenty of visiting which means I have not managed to get any stitching or any crafting done.
I did manage to squeeze in a sort of finish by the skin of my teeth on Christmas Eve.
This was from a pattern in Homemaker magazine. Just needs buttons!

I just wanted to share this with you, my daughter was making her annual family peppermint creams when she excitedly shouted me through to see what she had found -
A double yolker! and less than a minute later -
Yep another one! No more twins please!

We have been doing a bit of birthday celebrating this month too. 

The girls hit another teen year and due to time restraints we had to make do with a small cake this year. Ideally they would like one each but as their birthday is just before Christmas there is only so much cake we as a family can cope with! Sorry girls! 

I won't make any resolutions but do hope to get plenty of stitching in fingers crossed. 
I would like to thank you for taking the time to pop by this year and wish you all a healthy and happy New Year! and
Lang may yer lum reek! 


5 comments:

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday to the girls! Happy New Year to you all!

Brigitte said...

Your tree made up of little trees looks gorgeous. And this cake must have been delicious.
Happy New Year!

Kim said...

Happy New Year to you! It sounds as if your Christmas was lovely. How lovely to have all those ages gathered together and so much fun. Your Christmas tree project is beautiful. My word, that cake does look rather delish!

Karoline said...

Sounds like you had a great time, your daughters cake looks yummy

Annette-California said...

I am sooo behind on blog reading. Your tree you made looks beautiful. And that birthday cake looks spectacular. Lovely to hear you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. I will be dreaming of that cake - LOL!
love Annette