Wednesday 16 April 2014

Sloooow progress!

Well that's the holidays over for us so it's back to the grindstone this week boohoo! However we have all got Good Friday off so it will be a short week and a nice long weekend yeah! Over the holidays I have been busy with the kids doing all sorts of catch up stuff, the usual round of appointments, dentist and play dates etc which means I've done very little on my projects since my last post. I have however managed to finish the first sock off and I've started on the second, here's hoping it will be the same size! My daughter has already called dibs on them so I had better get a move on or the weather will too warm for wearing them.
I am still not liking the tie dye effect but I do like the stripes on the heel ....... If only the whole sock was stripy like that!
Ooh look stripes appearing on the toe of the new sock!

I haven't been completely idle over the holidays I have managed to add a few more stitches to the The Sampler House. I've managed to complete the house part just got to add the windows in then onto the second tree.
I was getting a little concerned at how dark it was all appearing so I pulled out the threads and think the white will help to lift it. Doesn't help living in Scotland with the poor light we have here at times.
Not much more stitching to do then I can add it to my ever growing round tuit finishing pile!




4 comments:

Margaret said...

Oooh, pretty sock!!!! Love your Sampler House too!

Karoline said...

Great progress on both projects, they look lovely

serendipity said...

Lovely cosy looking socks, and very sweet house. The round tuit pile sounds familiar! xx

Raffaella said...

Great progress and lovely projects!
Raffaella